This space is an attempt to help future students to understand better what the Institute of Chemical Technology has to offer to you. You may read what the media has to say about the Institute here: ICT in the media.
Below you will find contributions from ex-students mentioning their experiences of ICT with their views about the institute, curriculum and other activities. You are free to browse through and form your own opinions about this institute. You will also find contact information of these students and can get in touch with them if you have more questions. Contributions are available under the following departments:
- Chemical Engineering
- Dyestuff & Intermediates Technology
- Fibers & Textile Processing Technology
- Food Engineering & Technology
- Oils, Oleochemicals & Surfactant Technology
- Pharmaceutical Sciences & Technology
- Polymer & Surface Engineering & Technology
For the Alumni: request for contributions
A very old post on my blog titled UICT awareness was written in 2006 in the context of devising a plan as students of the Institute of Chemical Technology to help improve the awareness amongst the public of the institute’s grandeur. It does not serve the purpose of most of the recent comments that have been made on that blog post. Most concerns expressed in the comments are of those students who are about to or are thinking of joining ICT.
The ICT website has been a matter of many debates and, to the frustration of all us students, hasn’t changed very much in the past 6 years. I believe that it is now time that the students are given a good picture of what it is to be a student at ICT. Hence, I invite current students and ex-students of ICT to write on this blog about their experience of their college life. I have the following types of articles in mind:
- ICT FAQ: Hitting on key questions that prospective students may have
- Course Reviews: Written by current (or just finished) BTech, BPharma and BChem students. About the course work, faculty, laboratories and prospects after graduation.
- Ex-students speak (all branches): About their experience at ICT and what they have gone on to do.
MTech and PhD courses may be included as well if there are people who are willing to write about them. If you are a current student or an alumnus of ICT and are willing to help me with this campaign please get in touch or leave a comment.
If you have any suggestions on how this can be done in a better way please do share them with us. Also, if you have any suggestions on what types of articles will benefit prospective students, what should be the format of the current proposed article please do contribute.