I just finished mailing Anni this survey. I was really amazed to receive such a direct survey from a person just because she read my blog. I was happy to fill it for her.
* Briefly, please could you tell me a bit about yourself? (Feel free to promote your personal blog here. If you’d like a photo of yourself included please just attach it to the email.): I am studying chemical engineering at the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, a field which is hardly ever mentioned in an industrial estate like Nasik. I love trekking and Nasik is an amazing place to trek around. I love blogging, reading and listening to music (24×7). You can visit my webpage at http://rathi.akshat.googlepages.com/home.
* How long have you lived in Nasik?: I have lived in Nasik 17 years..since my birth till I left for under-graduate studies.
* What do you like most about living in Nasik?: The best thing about living in Nasik is that it is one of the most peaceful cities I have ever been too. One can live with the pace he wants to. The people are really nice and I have made great friends here. Also it is a developing city so there are a lot of core opportunities available.
* Is there anything you do not like about living in Nasik? : There are a few things which actually are very general complaints. The city management is not that good. The transport facilities need a big time improvement. The city is not well-planned. Better planning might cure some really big problems.
* Why should travellers visit Nasik? : From a naturalist’s perspective, places like Trimbakeshwar, Ajaneri, Someshwar, Ganagapur are really lovely. A photographer might like the above plus the river-side, the pilgrim places, the historical mandirs in Nasik and Trimbakeshwar. From a trekker’s point of view, Nasik is surrounded with many mountains, it is a treat to go trekking here. Apart from that Shirid is just 80 KM away so Sai Baba Bhakts can go there.
* What do you wish travellers would do when they visit Nasik?: Enjoy the beauty of the places mentioned above. If you like going to Mandir’s then you must visit all the temples in the city.
* What do you wish travellers would stop doing when they visit Nasik?: Do not use public transport. It is not effective and not trustworthy either. A rickshaw should serve you purpose. Apart from that, Do no try too many options, stick to one or two things and enjoy your stay.
* If a visitor had time to do/see only one thing in Nasik, what should it be? : According to me, one thing you ought to see is Pandav Lene.
* If a visitor had time for only one meal in Nasik, which dish would you recommend? (e.g. a regional dish) : I can’t suggest a regional dish but if it’s just one meal then you have should be at Panchavati Yatri.